New Jersey v. Delaware
295 U.S. 694 (1934)

Annotate this Case

U.S. Supreme Court

New Jersey v. Delaware, 295 U.S. 694 (1935)

New Jersey v. Delaware

No. 11, original

Decided February 5, 1934 (291 U.S. 361)

Decree entered June 3, 1935

295 U.S. 694

DECREE

This cause came on to be heard upon the pleadings, evidence, and the exceptions filed by the parties to the report of the special master, and was argued by counsel. The Court now being fully advised in the premises and for the purpose of carrying into effect the conclusions set forth in the opinion of this Court, announced February 5, 1934 ( 291 U. S. 291 U.S. 361);

It is now ORDERED, ADJUDGED, AND DECREED as follows:

1. The report of the special master filed in this cause is hereby approved, and all exceptions thereto are hereby overruled.

2. Within the 12-mile circle (that is, within the circle the radius of which is 12 miles, and the center of which is the building used prior to 1881 as the courthouse at New Castle, Delaware, certain ares of which are hereafter described and determined), the Delaware river and the subaqueous soil thereof up to mean low water line on the easterly or New Jersey side is adjudged to belong to the State of Delaware, and the true boundary line between the states within said 12-mile circle is adjudged to be mean low water mark on the easterly or New Jersey side of the Delaware River.

Official Supreme Court caselaw is only found in the print version of the United States Reports. Justia caselaw is provided for general informational purposes only, and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or information linked to from this site. Please check official sources.